Council Tax system upgrade

We have completed the Council Tax system upgrade but there may still be some delays whilst we process our backlog of requests. Find out about the upgrade and what may have changed for you.

Council Tax energy rebate


Applications for the discretionary (bands E to H) and extra top up schemes have now closed.

In February the Chancellor announced a £150 energy rebate for most households in Council Tax bands A to D (occupied properties) and some households in Council Tax bands E to H. This mandatory scheme closes on 30 November 2022.

Vouchers were issued to all eligible households who had not yet claimed their rebate in August 2022. These vouchers have now expired, and we will be issuing £150 credits to the council tax accounts of properties who have not cashed their voucher.

Additional support

If you are struggling or need support with food, fuel or bills, see what additional support is available through the Helping Hand scheme.

Check your Council Tax band

To know if you are eligible, you will first need to check your Council Tax band.

Empty properties and second homes

A property that has no permanent resident and is someone’s second home will not be eligible.

An unoccupied property (for the purposes of calculating Council Tax) will not be eligible.