Request COVID-19 PPE
To meet COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needs, until the end of March 2021, the government has committed to providing free PPE for:
- health and social care providers
- schools, colleges
- early years and childcare providers
- local authority services
We are working with the Department of Health & Social Care to help ensure that Covid-19 PPE is available locally for eligible services and individuals. This will help prevent the spread of the virus and keep Buckinghamshire safe.
We can provide emergency supplies and routine Covid-19 PPE to:
- service providers who can access the PPE Portal
- key services that are not able to access the PPE Portal
We can supply:
- hand sanitiser
We also have a range of specialist items which are available for specific sectors.
Providers who can order Covid-19 PPE via the PPE portal
The following health and social care organisations should order routine supplies of Covid-19 through the PPE Portal.
- residential social care providers
- domiciliary social care providers
- children’s care homes and secure homes
- children’s residential special schools
- community drug and alcohol services
- residential drug and alcohol services
Buckinghamshire Council can provide emergency PPE supplies only to these providers.
If you require emergency PPE from Buckinghamshire Council please contact us at [email protected] providing a brief description of why the emergency stock is required e.g. COVID-19 outbreak.
Providers will need to collect their PPE from a local collection hub in Aylesbury, Amersham or High Wycombe.
Services not able to receive PPE via the PPE Portal
Buckinghamshire Council can provide routine Covid-19 PPE for key services that are not able to access the PPE Portal. These supplies are to cover any additional PPE that you are using because of Covid-19. You should continue to obtain any PPE you were using before the pandemic through your usual routes.
Free Covid-19 PPE will be available via Buckinghamshire Council for the following services/organisations:
- Buckinghamshire Council staff and services (including children’s and adult social workers)
- personal care assistants
- unpaid / family carers
- domestic violence services including refuges
- rough sleeping services
- schools and colleges
- early years provision and childcare
- unregulated health and social care providers
- other health or social care providers who are not eligible for the PPE Portal – including voluntary and community sector organisations
- other services supporting individuals through personal budgets and which are not eligible for the PPE Portal
All listed services will need to complete our PPE request form.
Supplies will need to be collected from a local hub in Aylesbury, Amersham or High Wycombe.
If you have any queries relating to Covid-19 PPE supply, please contact us at [email protected]
Please remember that the government guidance regarding which PPE needs to be used in which circumstances is not client group specific. Therefore each provider needs to ensure that they are implementing the guidance that relates to the types of service they provide.
If you are finding that anyone that you support is becoming distressed when approached by people in PPE, we would recommend reading section 3 of the care homes guidance.
This guidance provides ideas on how to introduce the concept of masks and good practice around decision-making if the person continues to be distressed.
Any personal information you give to us will be processed in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.