COVID-19 vaccination programme
Information on local clinics and vaccine news
For updates on local drop-in clinics, the Health on the Move outreach van timetable and other vaccine news visit: Bucks CCG COVID-19 vaccination updates
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine
Autumn/ Winter 2021/22:
- Those eligible for a booster vaccine (minimum of 6 months after a 2nd dose) should wait to be contacted by the NHS to book. However, Health and Social Care workers can now book their booster vaccine on the National Booking Site or call free on 119 now.
- All healthy children aged 12-15 will be immunised at school. If they are not in school the day of vaccination, it will be arranged at a later date. Parental/ guardian consent forms have been sent out.
- Anyone from the Phase 1 group who is immunosuppressed or is a household contact will receive their 3rd dose as per specific advice from their GP or consultant.
The Evergreen vaccination offer:
- Anyone aged 16 or over can visit a walk-in clinic, or book their COVID-19 vaccination appointment via the NHS website here.
If you have to change your appointment for any reason, please cancel the old one so someone else can book.
For updates on local drop-in clinics, and vaccine news visit: Bucks CCG COVID-19 vaccination updates
Number of vaccines given in Buckinghamshire and our region
786,091 - to 14 October in Buckinghamshire
2,549,162 - to 14 October in our health region (Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West)
These figures include first and second doses. For more information, visit NHS.UK: COVID-19 vaccinations.
Vaccination sites in Buckinghamshire
There are a number of different ways you can be vaccinated:
- Local Vaccination Centres - run by Bucks GPs
- Pharmacy Sites - run by pharmacists
- Mass Vaccination Site - Our is at The Guttmann Centre, Aylesbury
- At walk-in clinics and the Health on the Move vaccination van without appointment. Visit Bucks CCG COVID-19 vaccination updates for up to date info on all local clinics and vaccination news.
Take 2 minutes to view a lovely message to all 1000 plus site volunteers from Bucks resident, Lorraine Kelly. (filmed in June 2021) :Lorraine Kelly says thank you to our volunteers
Local Vaccination Centres
Local Vaccination Centres are GP led and are in addition to the National Vaccination Sites and Pharmacies. Vaccinations are not delivered at GP surgeries, but at the vaccination site they are linked to.
Pharmacy Vaccination Sites
If you have received a text from the NHS you can book your vaccination at one of the Pharmacy Vaccination Sites using the National Booking System. More pharmacy sites will come online once GP sites pause.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment for any reason please do this via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
Mass Vaccination Sites
Mass Vaccination Sites are bookable through the National Booking System or by calling 119.
The Mass Vaccination Site in Buckinghamshire is The Guttman Centre, HP21 9PP. There is free parking and volunteers on hand to help and assist.
Booster doses are also being delivered here. When you receive your invite from the NHS there may also be walk-in clinics you can attend. Please view the Clinical Commissioning Group webpage here for more on this.
Useful websites and contacts
For more information, visit:
- the Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group website
- the Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust website
For other enquiries (vaccination information only, and not other individual or personal health enquiries) contact: [email protected]
Useful leaflets, videos and other information
For more information:
- watch this short video giving advice to pregnant women who want to find out when they should get vaccinated When is the best time to get the COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy?
- read this leaflet for children aged 12-15 information leaflet for 12 to 15 year olds and their parents/ guardians
- read this leaflet for young people aged 16 and 17 information leaflet for young people aged 16 and 17
- watch these translated videos if you're trying to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding information in 5 South Asian languages
- visit our easy read guide to COVID-19 vaccination
- visit GOV.UK: COVID-19 vaccination guide for older adults in English and other languages
- view the statement and position from The British Islamic Medical Association on COVID-19 vaccination
- view information on mental health for young people from Every Mind Matters - Mental wellbeing tips
- you can watch a YouTube video providing information about vaccines for people with a learning disability and/or autism