Does your neighbour need help?
It's important that we do all we can to help those in our communities that are likely to become more isolated as measures are put in place to delay the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). There are some simple but effective things we can all do to help.
You can help your neighbour by:
- making sure they have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days
- walking their dog, picking up a prescription, putting out their bins or taking in a parcel
- phoning, Skyping or Facetiming so they can see a friendly face, helping to reduce their isolation
- helping with childcare or other caring responsibilities
- checking if any of their planned appointments have been cancelled before they travel
- making sure they have some simple recipes to hand - or have done some batch cooking for the freezer
Share with your community
To help promote good practice happening in Buckinghamshire, please share what you're doing via social media using the hashtags #COVID19 #Bucks on Twitter.
How to get involved
If you are fit and well and want to volunteer, please contact one of these groups. They will take it from there.
Health and social care support volunteers
We would really like to hear from you if you have a health and social care background and are willing to help. If you would like to let us know what services or skills you can offer please email [email protected]
Getting help and support
If you are self-isolating or staying at home and need some help please get directly in touch with any of the organisations listed. You do not need to contact the council.
If you are an elderly or vulnerable person who is struggling to self-isolate please call us on 01296 383 204
Keep in touch
Further information will be added to this page in the coming days to help support communities over the coming weeks and months.