Does your neighbour need help?
It's important that we do all we can to help those in our communities that are likely to become more isolated as measures are put in place to delay the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). There are some simple but effective things we can all do to help people we know.
You can help your neighbour by:
- making sure they have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days
- walking their dog, picking up a prescription, putting out their bins or taking in a parcel
- contacting them over the phone, Skype or FaceTime so they can see a friendly face, helping to reduce their isolation
- helping with childcare or other caring responsibilities
- checking if any of their planned appointments have been cancelled before they travel
- making sure they have some simple recipes to hand - or have done some batch cooking for the freezer
Does your neighbour need help? (poster) PDF, 3.10MB
Share what you're doing to help
We want to hear good news about the great community spirit in Buckinghamshire, so please share what you're doing via social media using the hashtags #COVID19 and #ProudofBucks on Twitter.
Getting help and support
If you are self-isolating or staying at home and need some help please get directly in touch with any of the organisations listed. You do not need to contact the council.
If you are an elderly or vulnerable person who is struggling to self-isolate please call us on 01296 383 204
Keep in touch
Further information will be added to this page in the coming days to help support communities over the coming weeks and months.