Getting residents to their vaccination appointment
Asking for help to get to an appointment
Please consider whether you have a family member, neighbour or other transport option who can get you to your appointment or if you can use public transport.
Buckinghamshire Council residents will be able to use their concessionary bus pass to travel to a vaccination appointment at any time of the day
If not, please let your GP Practice know you need transport when you are booking your appointment.
Your Practice will put you in touch with the appropriate community transport arrangement. Where there is no voluntary transport scheme in the area, patients who have ability to pay, will be signposted to Buckinghamshire Council approved taxi companies.
Guidance when sharing a car
Car sharing is not permitted with someone from outside your household or your support bubble unless your journey is undertaken for an exempt reason. An exempt reason includes getting to medical appointments and also getting your vaccination.
It is difficult to socially distance during car journeys. Where it is essential to car share, you can reduce the risk of transmission by:
- sharing the transport with the same people each time
- minimising the group size at any one time
- opening windows for ventilation
- travelling side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
- facing away from each other
- considering seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
- cleaning your car between journeys using standard cleaning products – make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
- asking the driver and passengers to wear a face covering
If you are an organisation who wants to volunteer transport
Organisations, both voluntary and non-voluntary, who can help by volunteering to drive residents to their vaccination appointments, should email Community Impact Bucks: [email protected]
We are using the Buckinghamshire Community Transport Hub scheme which is commissioned by Transport for Bucks and delivered by Community Impact Bucks. This will help us map all offers of help so we can pass this on to those booking the appointments.
Individuals who want to offer volunteer transport support
If you wish to offer support as a driver volunteer please register your details with the volunteering matching service on the Community Impact Bucks website.
Where possible, Community Impact Bucks will signpost the organisation(s) to local active community transport schemes who could benefit from their support.