Settling in Buckinghamshire: Information for Afghan migrants
Culture, religion and leisure in Buckinghamshire
Places of worship
The United Kingdom (UK) is a multi-faith society and there are places of worship in many towns. Some newcomers to the UK have found that they have had support and help through their place of worship and have also made friends who have made them feel welcome.
The Inter Faith Network may be able to help you find a place of worship.
There are Mosques in:
Libraries in Buckinghamshire can be used to:
- access a full range of books, e-books, e-audiobooks, DVD's and newspapers
- print or photocopy
- use the computer
- access other council services and information
Things to do
Buckinghamshire has a range of things to do for residents and people visiting the county.
- visiting our range of shopping centres (in Aylesbury, High Wycombe or Milton Keynes)
- taking a walk around one of our Country Parks
- looking around a museum or gallery
- exploring our centres of art and entertainment
See the Visit Buckinghamshire website for an up to date list of events going on in the county.
Our Family Information Service also have a lot of ideas for things to do in Buckinghamshire with your children.