The Queen's Platinum Jubilee
The Queen will be celebrating her Platinum Jubilee on the Thursday 2 June 2022. This occasion marks 70 years on the throne and offers up exciting opportunities for the residents of Buckinghamshire to celebrate both the extended bank holiday (2 to 5 June 2022) and in the run up to it.
We are working towards a number of projects that will enable the community to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee and provide a legacy for future generations.
In particular, we are supporting The Queen's Green Canopy (QGC). The Queens Green Canopy is a unique tree planting initiative created to mark the occasion which invites people from across the United Kingdom to "Plant a Tree for the Jubilee".
Find or log Jubilee events on our directory
Find Jubilee events in your area on the Bucks Online Directory.
If you are looking for events which cater for families, children and young people (aged 0 to 19 or 25 with SEND), search for Jubilee events on the Family Information Service Directory.
If you are running a Jubilee event or activity, you can:
- create an account and log the details of your event so that it shows on our directory
- send us images of your event or activity on [email protected] or via social media @BucksCouncil
We will ask you to fill in a consent form if you are happy for us to use your event images in various social media campaigns.
To get involved in celebrations you can:
- nominate a tree or woodland for our list of Buckinghamshire’s 70 best-loved trees in our 70 Trees for 70 Years project (deadline Sunday 1 May 2022)
- find out how to celebrate the Jubilee with different generations using the LaST Jubilee resource pack
- explore the Free Tree's for Schools and Communities scheme run by the Woodland's Trust (tree planting season now finished until October 2022)
- hold a picnic or barbecue with family, friends and neighbours for the Big Jubilee Lunch on Sunday 5 June 2022
- have a tree party to honour a local tree- this can include a tea party or outdoor painting
- contact your local Community Board to find out what they are planning or suggest ideas
- host a street party with your neighbours - find out how to organise a Jubilee street party
We are delighted to launch our own Jubilee activity pack, suitable for all the family to get creative in Jubilee celebrations
Lord Lieutenant’s Service of Thanksgiving
Lord Lieutenant for Buckinghamshire, Countess Howe, is hosting a Service of Thanksgiving for HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at All Saints Parish Church in High Wycombe on Sunday 29 May.
Attendance at the service is by invitation only, but everyone is invited to join by streaming the service live. The video will start streaming automatically at 2:45pm on 29 May.
Supporting communities to celebrate the Jubilee
In support of the Jubilee:
- we offered a free tree to every school, care home and nursery in the county as part of the "plant a tree for the Jubilee" scheme (236 organisations took up this offer)
- we have developed tree planting guidance for community groups including advice for planting on highways land
- we are working towards our aim of planting over 500,000 trees over the next 10 years and producing the Woodland Creation Design Plans for phase 1 of the project
- we have ensured that our Community Boards are supporting their local communities to celebrate both the environment and the Jubilee
- we will encourage schools to celebrate the Jubilee through projects such as veteran tree appreciation, creative art installations and inter-generational planting activities
Funding for Jubilee celebrations
Funding sources available for community organisations and Town and Parish Councils include:
Find out more
Find out more about what's going on nationally and locally using the links below.