Apply for the UK Community Renewal Fund
As part of this year’s budget announcement, the government has announced a UK Community Renewal Fund (CRF) of £220m.
The fund aims to support the people and communities in greatest need to help pilot programmes in preparation for the introduction of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund in 2022.
You can submit a bid for funding for projects up to £3 million.
Who can apply
The fund is open to a range of groups, including (but not limited to):
- private sector companies
- registered charities
The Community Renewal Fund focuses on local people and places.
To apply for the fund, projects must deliver activity that is in line with one of the following CRF investment priorities:
- investment in skills
- investment for local businesses
- investment in communities and place
- supporting people into employment
For more information about fund eligibility rules and guidance, refer to UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus and Technical Note for project applicants and deliverers.
Apply for the fund
Apply for the fund by:
- Completing the UK Community Renewal Fund Application Form.
- Emailing the completed form to [email protected]
Bids submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
Bids must be submitted by midday on Monday 24 May 2021.
The UK Community Renewal Fund is a competitive process and Buckinghamshire Council and the UK Government will not enter into discussions with bidders.
Before applying, make sure you have read:
How bids will be assessed
We’ll assess bids against how they:
- meet the gateway criteria set out in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus - bids that fail to meet these criteria are ineligible support and will be rejected
- meet the objectives of UK Community Renewal Fund
- support the delivery of local growth and employment support priorities
Following assessment, we’ll submit the most eligible bids to the UK Government for consideration up to a maximum of £3m per place.
The UK Government will:
- assess all bids submitted against the criteria set out in the UK Community Renewal Fund Prospectus
- announce the outcome of the assessment process from late July 2021 onwards
We’ll then enter into a funding agreement with successful bidders.
About the fund
The UK Government anticipates supporting a range of projects by theme and size. Applicants are encouraged to maximise impact and deliverability through larger projects (£500,000+) where this is possible.
90% of funding available through the UK Community Renewal Fund is revenue funding and only available in 2021 to 2022. Due to this, projects should be predominantly, or exclusively, revenue based.
Projects won't be supported if the focus is on the:
- construction or major refurbishment of buildings
- the purchase of land
- the purchase of large pieces of equipment