Wendover Community Library Design Concept
The new Wendover Community Library will be a community hub, transformed to reach a wider section of the community with a broader range of information and activities with a particular focus on culture, health and wellbeing and inclusion.
Books and reading will remain absolutely central to the new library, but the vision is to reinforce the library as the focal point for the community by promoting it as the main point of access to local information and services in Wendover.
Re-designed interior with new spaces and facilities
In addition, the designs will incorporate:
- Redesigned exterior with art work and community seating
- The library will be extended into the courtyard with a new glass entrance and roof to increase natural light
- Creation of Tourist and Visitors Information
- A children's library that will be double the size of the existing children’s library, visible from the front of the building
- Additional flexible meeting spaces for community activities or private hire
- Comfortable seating areas for library users for work, study or social interaction
The concepts we are sharing have been developed based on suggestions and feedback received from residents, staff and volunteers. We have conducted 21 engagement sessions in total. We hope to realise as many of these ideas as possible but until we complete the tendering exercise, we will not know how much of the overall design we will be able to implement at this stage.
We are seeking additional funding from a range of sources, and in June we will be sharing information on opportunities for you to support this project through community fundraising.
View the new library designs:
Tell us what you think
Email us with your feedback [email protected]
Keep up to date
Keep up to date with the progress of the project with our Wendover Community Library improvement project blogs.
Click here to go back to Wendover Community Library improvement project